Road accidents are a leading cause of death and injury in the United States. In 2020, there were over 38,000 fatal motor vehicle accidents in the United States, resulting in over 42,000 deaths.
There are many things that drivers can do to help avoid accidents. Here are some basic road safety tips:
- Obey the speed limit. Driving at a safe speed will give you more time to react to hazards and avoid accidents.
- Don’t drink and drive. Alcohol is a factor in about one-third of all fatal accidents. If you’re going to drink, don’t drive.
- Don’t use your phone while driving. Distracted driving is a major factor in many accidents. If you need to use your phone, pull over to a safe location first.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Pay attention to other drivers, pedestrians, and cyclists. Be aware of your surroundings and be prepared to take action to avoid an accident.
- Use your turn signals. Let other drivers know what you’re going to do. Using your turn signals will help prevent accidents.
- Check your mirrors often. Check your mirrors often to be aware of your surroundings. Checking your mirrors will help you avoid accidents.
- Be prepared for the unexpected. Things happen on the road that you can’t always predict. Be prepared for the unexpected and be ready to take action to avoid an accident.
By following these basic road safety tips, you can help reduce your risk of being involved in an accident.
Additional Tips for Drivers In Lilburn, GA
In addition to the general road safety tips listed above, there are a few additional tips that drivers in Lilburn, GA should keep in mind:
- Be aware of the traffic patterns in Lilburn. Lilburn is a busy city with a lot of traffic. Be aware of the traffic patterns and be prepared to adjust your driving accordingly.
- Be aware of the pedestrians in Lilburn. Lilburn is a walkable city with a lot of pedestrians. Be aware of the pedestrians and be prepared to yield to them.
- Be aware of the cyclists in Lilburn. Lilburn is a bike-friendly city with a lot of cyclists. Be aware of the cyclists and be prepared to share the road with them.
By following these tips, you can help reduce your risk of being involved in an accident in Lilburn, GA.
If You Are Involved in an Accident
If you are involved in an accident, it is important to take the following steps:
- Stay calm. It is important to stay calm and assess the situation.
- Check for injuries. If there are any injuries, call 911 immediately.
- Exchange information. Exchange contact information with the other driver(s) involved in the accident.
- Take pictures. Take pictures of the accident scene, including the damage to the vehicles and the location of the accident.
- File a police report. File a police report to document the accident.
- Contact an attorney. If you have been injured in an accident, you may be entitled to compensation. Contact an attorney to discuss your legal options.
By following these steps, you can protect your rights and interests after an accident.
If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident, contact Rebecca Kay Sapp Law Firm today. Our personal injury attorneys will fight for your rights and help you get the compensation you deserve.